Fines and Discharges
The Children’s Center reserves the right to cancel the enrollment of a child for the following reasons:
- Non-payment of fees
- Not completing and returning required forms
- Irresponsibility in adhering to your scheduled times
- Mutual agreement between Center director and parent based on inability to meet child’s needs — physical or developmental (including behavioral)
Procedure for mutual agreement discharge
The Center director sets a meeting with parents/guardians, contacts them verbally and follows up in writing
- Contents of meeting documents in writing placed in child’s folder
- The Center director will refer the parents/guardians and child to appropriate outside resources if necessary
- Center staff will work cooperatively on an ongoing basis with the parents/guardians and child and an outside agency if necessary
- Regular meetings with parents and staff will be scheduled throughout the process
- Our appeals committee will deal with a discharge if necessary; all possible alternatives will be explored
Late Pickup Fine – Picking up your child any time after Center closing time (6 p.m.) will result in the assessment of a $10 fine, which will be added to your bill.
Insufficient Funds Checks Fine – A $20 fine by the University Cashier’s office will be issued if there are insufficient funds for checks and electronic fund payments.
Scan-In/Out Fine – Failure to scan your child in and/out each day will result in the assessment of a $5 fine, which will be added to your bill. One warning will be allowed per family before assessing the fine.
Can’t Find Fine – In the case of illness or emergency involving a child when the parent cannot be located within 15 minutes due to insufficient location information on your enrollment form or the location sign-in sheet, a $10 fine will be added to your bill.